Organised, multi-tasking and fun? We want you.
Location: TMRW, 75-77 High Street, Croydon
TMRW is south London’s leading office and coworking workspace; it is located in the Coffee Quarter of Croydon and provides facilities including offices, coworking desks, a large event space, an award-winning independent café and a buzzying community of entrepreneurs, innovators and larger organisations in need of inspiration and innovation. It is south London’s largest workspace and the only ‘new generation’ facility, with generous space, designer furniture and a fantastic community network.
We are looking for an Office & Event Space Manager to keep the TMRW workspace in peak condition at all times and to supervise large scale events run in our events space.
You will be responsible for the upkeep of the space, ensuring the space looks its best for our members and the many guests we welcome each week. You will set and keep the highest level of customer service and often be the first person people speak to, so you shall represent TMRW, its values and ethics at all times. This is a great opportunity to take your existing hospitality, customer experience and administration management skills to the next level. You will be working with the existing team, friendly, hard-working yet fun-loving and experienced people.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced, organised and multi-tasking manager. This is a management role, and you will report directly to the CEO. As the Office & Events space Manager you will manage all aspects of the workspace and facilities, including suppliers, service providers and staff, and provide some administration assistance (events bookings, some reporting preparation and invoicing).
Office and Coworking space Management.
- Maintenance of the space, ensuring all equipment, kitchen appliances and lighting are fully functioning
- Cleanliness of the space, directing the cleaning company employed by TMRW and being the first point of contact
- All access, security and CCTV systems
- Procurement of suppliers and service providers
- Waste management for the space, ensuring we are recycling efficiently and effectively
- Regular checks to ensure cleanliness and supply levels are adequately maintained
- Order equipment and furniture, supplies and stationary
Events & venue Management
- Monitor the events inbox and direct any enquiries or issues to the events team members
- Answer enquiries for events (by telephone and email) and prepare quotes for clients
- Send invoices and ensure payments are made in time
- Upsell extra services for large events incl catering options, DJ etc be the main point of contact for the client
- Supervise the set-up and set-down of all events including furniture, AV system and catering
- Instruct and manage the small events team
- Liaise with the community manager and café team to ensure events run smoothly
- Welcome guests with a friendly and approachable manner, occasionally sitting at reception
- Main point of contact for the accountants
- Capture expense receipts and upload to the relevant folders
- Deposit any cheques and cash drops to the bank
- Manage petty cash
- Chase clients for payments of invoices
You have experience with the tasks above, you are organised and multi-tasking. Above anything else, you have strong common sense, a positive can-do attitude and a fun persona. You’ll often be ‘the face of TMRW’ , the first person people get in touch with, so we need you to have perfect communication skills and give prospects and customers the sort of feel-good vibes people usually get from 5* hotel staff
- Used to fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Professional, hard-working, able to work under pressure
- Organised with a high level of attention to details
- A strong sense of initiative
- Excellent customer service and communications skills; friendly, open, confident, outgoing and fun
- Bonus points for:
- Living close to TMRW (or a short commute away)
- Knowledge of Xero online accounting
- Knowledge of HubSpot, Google For Business
- Excel or Google Sheets Advanced level
- PowerPoint advanced Level.
- HTML, WordPress, Zapier, SQL, basic scripts and data parsers
- You can speak two languages – English for normal people, and for entrepreneurs, digiNomads, techie hipsters and media daaahlin’s; you are able to gauge your audience quickly and select your language accordingly.
- You love contact (steady on, not that type of contact); you prefer following up on the phone and avoid email tennis.
- You are polite, considerate, fun and supportive when needed.
- Ugly, inefficient, lazy irritates you.
- You have impeccable communication skills, verbal and written; you love a good story – and you deliver compelling arguments through innovative storytelling using a mixture of communication methods (the medium of dance gains you bonus points – just kiddin’).
OK, still with us?
Good. We knew you’d make it. Here’s what you need to do now.
Apply: send your CV to hr@TMRW.co and tell us why we should hire you? (max 300 words); remember, communication style matters, so think about it.